PRESENTATION FILE UPLOAD
In order to enhance your Congress experience and enable you to enjoy the science without the pressure of having to upload your presentations slides at the venue, WSC 2018 is happy to present you the opportunity to upload your presentation slides via a secure link, directly to the Congress server. Participants will not be able to obtain these PowerPoint files.
Note: If you are scheduled to present in a Short Communications session, please read the instructions on this page.
- Please note that your file should be uploaded via the link you will receive from us, no later than Friday, October 12, 2018. In case you are unable to meet this deadline, please approach the Speakers' Ready Room at the venue at least 2 hours before the start of your session where technicians will be available to assist you. Speakers who have uploaded their slides for presentation will not be required to approach the Speakers' Ready Room onsite. Note that you are welcome to make last-minute changes to your slides and bring an updated version to the Speakers' Ready Room. We will use the last file uploaded for projection in the session hall.
- Important note: if your presentation contains a video or audio file, you are kindly requested to visit the Speakers' Ready Room at the venue and upload & test your presentation there.
- Alternatively, you may supply your own laptop computer (PC or Mac). In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal or provide it with a VGA or a HDMI adaptor and come to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
PRESENTATION FILE REQUIREMENTS
- Please title your presentation file as follows: Family name-Date of upload e.g. Albers-200918. If you are uploading more than one file on the same day, please name them with a serial number, e.g. Albers01-200918.
- The presentation file should be saved and uploaded in PPT format (PowerPoint 97/2003). If you are a Mac user, scroll down to the bottom of this page for guidelines on preparing a PC-compatible Keynote presentation file.
- Please make sure to fill in and include a copy of this Disclosure Slide as the second slide of your presentation.
- The native projection ratio of the screens in all the session Halls will be 16:9.
- Note: it is the presenter's responsibility to follow all copyright and fair use guidelines.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MACINTOSH USERS
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below. The operators at the Speakers' Ready Room will be able to assist you in converting Keynote into PowerPoint, if required.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).